What is Rush?
Rush is our fraternity's opportunity to meet new students (or older students with budding interest in fraternity life) and their opportunity to meet us. Students who attend various rush events are those that are interested in getting to know the brothers of AEPi. It is a student's chance to decide if they enjoy spending time with the brotherhood and if they would accept a bid — a formal offer to begin learning about and becoming a member in the fraternity — from us. Additionally, the brothers attend rush to meet people who are interested in joining the fraternity and to judge who they would like to welcome into the fraternity. Rush concludes with AEPi's offering of bids to various students, the first step on the road to brotherhood.
Many individuals come to campus with pre-conceived notions of what Greek life is like. Some people will say that they definitely want to join a fraternity, while others are sure that they are not going to join. Despite these notions, fraternities have a lot to offer that many don't even realize.
Alpha Epsilon Pi is a social fraternity at The University of Texas at Austin. Many people join fraternities simply to be a part of a smaller community in college in order to make their experience more worth while. However, joining AEPi means so much more. The commitment to brotherhood between each member helps to build strong ties that last a life time.
Being in a fraternity may also give you a step up for the future. Whether it is the leadership experience they gain, or the connections made for the future, there are Greeks in prominent positions in politics, entertainment, business, sports, and more. Brotherhood, networking, philanthropic activities, social experiences, and everlasting memories are some of the countless reasons to join a Greek organization like Alpha Epsilon Pi. Here are just a few facts about fraternity men:
- Greeks make up 3% of the population in the US
- All but two US Presidents since 1825 have been fraternity men.
- Over 75% of US Congress members were in fraternities or sororities
- Over 85% of Fortune 500 executives are Greek
- 76% of the US Senate is Greek
- More than 7 million men and women in the US and Canada are Greek
- 71% of Greeks graduate while only 50% of Non-Greeks graduate from college
- Of the nation's 50 largest corporations, 43 are headed by Greeks
- Since 1910, 85% of Supreme Court Justices have been Greek
- Three Canadian Prime Ministers have been Greek
- Over 85% of the student leaders on 730 college campuses are members of the Greek Community
- There are more than 7,000 chapters at over 800 campuses in the United States and Canada with over 500,000 undergraduate members
- The entire Greek-letter system has over 20,000 chapters
- Seven out of ten people listed in "Who's Who in America" are Greek
- 63% of all Cabinet members since the year 1900 have been Greek
- The overall Greek GPA is higher than the overall collegiate GPA in the US
- Both women elected to the Supreme Court were in a sorority
- Each fraternity and sorority host at least one philanthropy a year
What events does AEPi have going on during Rush?
AEPi has parties and events every night of Rush. In the past several fall semesters, AEPi has held boat parties, barbecues, casino nights, football games, and of course free food! We make sure Rush is a memorable event not to be missed.
Interested in Rushing?
If you are interested in rushing AEPi, or have a Rush Recommendation, contact one of our Rush Captains or fill out the Rush Form (under the "Rush Form" tab).
- Sam Zwirn, Rush Chair, Chicago, IL, email@example.com | (847) 284-7800
- Adam Karpel, Dallas, TX, firstname.lastname@example.org | (404) 398-3198
- Will Levine, Houston, TX, email@example.com | (713) 557-4265
- Jason Taper, Dallas, TX, firstname.lastname@example.org | (469) 834-9987
- Nathan Bishop, Houston, TX, email@example.com | (281) 798-8450
- Sebastian Kopinsky, Houston, TX, Sebastiankopinsky@gmail.com | (713) 562-6671
- Justin Tennenbaum, Dallas, TX, firstname.lastname@example.org | (972) 746-8941
- Cory Zack, Dallas, TX, email@example.com| (214) 918-8360
- Zach Gopin, El Paso, TX, firstname.lastname@example.org | (915)204-4402
- Josh Masjedi, Los Angeles, CA, Joshmasjedi@gmail.com | (323) 829-8984
- Jonathan Shaham, Los Angeles, CA, email@example.com | (818) 220-1857
- Noah Charnas, Cleveland, OH, firstname.lastname@example.org | (216) 970-4742
Gamma Deuteron Chapter - University of Texas - Texas AEΠ ©